|Enter names or text in the box:
Using the Site Search
|A name may well appear in one of several possible formats, for example:|
A. W. Smith or AW Smith, Alf Smith, Alfred Smith, Alfred W. Smith, Fred Smith etc.
Browsing the Names Indexes may be more successful than trying several searches, as people with more than one memorial are listed as many times as they appear in the formats given.|
To avoid unnecessary duplication, the Search does not include names index pages.
- Results are displayed on a separate page as links.
- Clicking on a link takes one to the page, where the word(s) found will be highlighted in yellow.
- Where several "hits" are found on the same page, it will be necessary to scroll down to the next.
- To return to the Results page, click the browser "Back" button, select another link, and repeat as necessary.
- A new Search can be started from the Results page box.
|Exact Matches: to specify an exact match for two or more words, enclose them in inverted commas, eg:|
"Henry Simmons" or "South Africa" or "We will remember them".
|Uncertain Spellings: wildcards may be used:|
- * stands for any number of characters.
- ? stands for just one character.
- Inverted commas limit the extent of a wildcard search. Examples:
- Brad* finds words starting with Brad-, such as Bradley, Bradford.
- C*ing finds words starting with C- and ending with -ing, such as Cowling, Carling.
- Ca*ling finds words starting with Ca- and ending with -ling, such as Catling, Carling, but not Cowling.
- Sm?th finds word starting with Sm- then a character, then -th such as Smith, Smyth, Smithers.
- "Sm?th" finds Smith and Smyth, but not Smythe, Smithers etc.
|Click at top or press Enter to close|